Making Cocktails A Breeze
Whether you are getting ready for a summer gathering or just a lazy day by the pool, the last thing you need to stress about is what cocktail ingredients you need to make the perfect drink. We will go over the most basic, popular, and easy-to-make cocktails.
We also sell cocktail kits that give you all the essential ingredients used for the recipes delivered straight to your door.
Known by many as the ultimate Sunday Brunch drink. There are so many different additions to garnish and customize your Bloody. You can buy a mix for quick and easy cocktail or make the mix yourself.
- 1 1/2 oz Vodka
- 4 oz Bloody Mary Mix
- Add 1 1/2 oz of your favorite vodka, 4 oz Bloody Mary mix, and ice to a highball or tall glass and stir.
- If you like your glass salted, wet the rim of the glass with water or lime, turn it upside down and dip it into the salt. Give the glass a tap to get any extra off.
DIY Bloody Mary Mix:
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- Horseradish (to taste)
- Squeeze fresh lime juice
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Celery Salt
- Green Beans
- Lemon and Limes
The Dirty Martini was said to have been created in New York in 1901 by a bartender named John O'Conner. The drink developed a huge fanbase and is known to be a rather sophisticated and classy cocktail. Perfect for hot summer nights. The ingredients are simple, and you can use gin or vodka, depending on your preference.
- 2 1/2 oz gin or vodka
- 1-2 tsp Dirty Martini Mix
- Garnish: 2 to 4 olives
- Add 2 1/2 oz of gin or vodka and 1-2 tsp of Martini Mix to a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until well-chilled.
- Strain into a chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a skewer of olives.
DIY Martini Mix:
- 1/2 oz Dry Vermouth
- 1/2 oz Olive Brine
- Blue Cheese Olives
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Marcona Almonds
- Jalapeño Peppers
A Whiskey Sour is a refreshing summer twist for whiskey lovers. The drink dates back to the 1860s and was loved by sailors in the Navy on long sea journeys. The ingredients are simple, but the drink can be spiced up by adding an egg whites or cocktail foamer on top.
- 1 1/2 oz Whiskey
- 3 oz Sweet and Sour Mix
- 1 Cherry
- 1 Orange Twist
- Add the 1 1/2 oz of Whiskey and 3 oz sour mix and just shake all the ingredients together in a cocktail shaker until cold.
- Serve over lots of ice, adding a cherry and orange twist for the garnish. Serve in a rocks glass.
DIY Sweet and Sour Mix:
- 1.5 oz. Lemon Juice
- 0.75 oz. Simple Syrup or Maple Syrup
- Egg Whites for foam on top
In conclusion, there are so many great-tasting cocktails out there, so don't be scared to try new drink recipes or even put a twist on the classics.
We recommend investing in some essential barware so it will be easy to make different drink recipes. A shaker, strainer, bar spoon, and jigger are some of the most important. Browse here for all of our Barware.
Proper glassware is not a must, but it's nice to have. It may be that you have a perfectly measured cocktail, but the size of the glass helps to release aromas and keeps the cocktails certain temperatures by the design of the glass. They also make your drinks look a little fancier.
Browse all of our glassware.
The Bash New York Team